This article is 5 years old. It was published on January 19, 2017.
The Loop Trolley will soon be conducting safety testing along its 2.2-mile route connecting the Delmar Loop and Forest Park. During safety testing, only trolley operators and authorized personnel will be allowed on the cars.
The Loop Trolley Safety Tips:Safety is the top priority, so please follow these tips to stay safe during testing:
- Trolleys share a lane with vehicles, but they cannot veer to avoid people.
- Trolleys run on both rails, and in both directions, so be cautious.
- Do not walk, ride or drive onto the white diagonal striping.
- Pedestrian crossing is only allowed at specifically marked crossings.
- Vehicles cannot be parked on the rails and must be within the white lines.
- Illegal parking can result in fines and towing.