South Transfer Station
Residents may drop off approved trash, yard waste, remodeling debris and other items at the South Transfer Station located at 4100 South 1st Street.
City transfer stations are locations managed by the Refuse Division that allow city residents to safely and easily dispose of trash, bulk items, yard waste, remodeling waste, and materials that are not permitted in city dumpsters or roll carts. Transfer station services are included in the Water/Solid Waste fee; there is no extra charge for dropping off approved items according to instructions.
Accepted for Disposal
- Residential building construction and demolition materials (bricks, drywall, plaster, shingles, etc.)
- Scrap metal
- Shrubs and tree limbs no larger than 6 inches in diameter and 4 feet long
- Bulk items (household furniture, sofas, etc.)
- Street sweepings, rubbish, trash, garbage, household waste, refuse
- Household items
- Windows (glass, aluminum. vinyl, wood)
- Yard and green waste, wood scraps
- Christmas/holiday trees
- BOAT-E items (accepted at this station only):
- Batteries from motor vehicles (not household batteries)
- Oil from motor vehicles
- Appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, ovens, etc
- Tires from motor vehicles and trailers
- Electronics such as computers, printers, telephones and power cords
Not Accepted for Disposal
- Waste generated or originating outside the City of St. Louis City limits
- Auto parts
- Any item not normally found in any household chemicals
- Commercial or business waste
- Compressed gas cylinders
- Dead animals
- Drums, barrels or tanks
- Enclosed containers
Dispose of Waste from Remodeling or Renovating
How to dispose of remodeling or renovating debris at a City transfer station.
Recycle Christmas Trees
Christmas tree recycling is offered at Forest Park, O'Fallon Park, and Carondelet Park from December 26-January 9.
Residential Refuse Drop Off
City Residents refuse dumping guidelines, hours and locations of Transfer Stations, including the types of refuse, bulk or yard waste the City will and will not accept.