Tax Waiver (Statement of Non-Assessment)
How to obtain a Statement of Non-Assessment (Tax Waiver).
A statement of non-assessment is issued to a resident when no personal property tax was assessed for the prior year. This certificate is used by the City Assessor in lieu of a paid personal property tax receipt when registering a vehicle or renewing license plates.
Confirm you qualify for a tax waiver. A person qualifies for a tax waiver when:
- They are a new resident to the State of Missouri and have no tax delinquency;
- They did not own a motor vehicle on January 1st of the prior calendar year, and have no tax delinquency.
To obtain a Personal Property Tax Waiver:
- Go in person to the Assessor's Office to obtain a personal property tax waiver.
- Bring the following:
- Visit the Assessor's Office in person to fill out the application
- The vehicle's title or the bill of sale
- Proper identification: Driver's license, (if your license has your social security number you need not bring anything else)
- Social security card with an additional form of ID.
No fees for this service.
What to Expect
If you are eligable you will receive a recipt of your Tax Waiver for Non-Assesment of your property.
If you have recently moved to the City of St. Louis, you must obtain your property tax waiver from the county in which you lived on January 1st.
Assessor - Personal Property Assessment and Records
1200 Market St
Rooms 115 & 117
St. Louis, Mo 63103
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
1 comment from someone like you has helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!