August 2, 2022 Special Election to fill 21st Ward Vacancy
The St. Louis City Election Board voted yesterday to hold a Special Election in Ward 21 on Aug. 2, 2022, to fill the vacancy created by the May 12 resignation of Alderman John Collins-Muhammad. Because the vacancy occurred more than 180 days prior to the next General Municipal Election in 2023, Article IV, Section 5 of the City Charter requires that a Special Election be held no sooner than 75 days nor later than 90 days after the occurrence of the vacancy. The individual elected will serve until the next General Municipal Election (April 4, 2023).
- 05/13/22: Candidate filing begins.
- 07/01/22: Candidate filing ends.
- 07/05/22: Application-based absentee voting (both by mail and in-person) begins.
- 07/06/22: Last day to register to vote in this election.
- 07/20/22: Last day to request an application-based absentee ballot by mail.
- 08/01/22: Last day to vote absentee in person (both types).
- 08/02/22: Election day. All mail-in ballots must be received by 7 PM. All in-person voters must be in line to vote by 7 PM.
List of Candidates
- Ward 21 Sample Ballot (pdf)
5 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!