Information on city payroll services conducted by the Office of the Comptroller.
The Comptroller's Office is charged with ensuring every person employed by the City of St. Louis in the classified service gets the proper pay and deductions every two weeks when they receive their paycheck. [View the 2019 City of St. Louis Payday Schedule.]
Each city department designates a payroll clerk who is responsible for collecting and providing that department's biweekly payroll information to the Comptroller's payroll section, who then enter it into the city's payroll system. The Treasurer's Office prints all employee paychecks.
It is the responsibility of each department and appointing authority to ensure all payroll information submitted to the payroll section is accurate.
This is further explained in the Department of Personnel's Administrative Regulation NO. 134 and in the following excerpt.
In accordance with Section 14 of the current compensation ordinance, the following five (5) basic principles regarding documentation of work hours apply to ALL classified employees:
- It is the responsibility of each appointing authority to assure that employees on their payroll have actually worked the time for which they are paid.
- Full-time employment is defined as working at least an average of forty (40) hours per week.
- Appointing authorities are required to submit to the Department of Personnel for all employees (a) the official work week and (b) the official work schedule.
- All departments shall keep daily attendance records and submit reports of unexcused absence and leave; reports of overtime earned, granted, and paid; or the non-occurrence of same to the Director of Personnel in the form and on the dates specified.
- Attendance and pay records must be maintained for a minimum period of three (3) years and until the Comptroller's audit for the period covered has been completed.
The Police Department compiles payroll information on its uniformed officers and civilian employees and submit it bi-weekly via computer disk. State and county offices are also responsible for compiling and submitting their own payroll information to the payroll section on a bi-weekly basis.
Location & Contact
1200 Market Street
City Hall, Room 210
Saint Louis, MO 63103
(314) 613-3191 Fax
9 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!