Mayoral Proclamation Request
Process to request a Mayoral Proclamation for your event.
The Mayor is pleased to issue Proclamations from the City of St. Louis to recognize special occasions or outstanding achievements in the lives of St. Louis City residents.
Criteria for Proclamation
- Requests must be made at least 15 working days in advance of the event.
- Proclamations are limited to groups or organizations
- Group or Event must have direct relationship with the City of St. Louis
- Only one proclamation per calendar year per group or organization.
Proclamations are not issued for
- Matters of political controversy, ideological or religious beliefs, or individual conviction
- Funerals, memorials, or deceased individuals
- Campaigns or events that the City finds demeaning or disrespectful
- Promotion of profit making ventures, products, or entities.
Proclamation Requests Must Include
- Contact information (first and last name, address, and telephone number, email) of the individual making the request for the group or organization
- Name of the group or organization
- Brief summary of event or description of the organization
- Date of the event
- Date when proclamation is needed for pick-up
- Draft text for the proclamation
- The "Title" or "Name" for the Proclamation.
- Examples: "Stan Musial Day," "Navy Week," "Breast Cancer Awareness Month."
InstructionsPlease fill out the online form below, complete all sections, and submit.
What to Expect
- It takes approximately 15 working days to process a proclamation request
- You will be notified when your request is approved or denied
- You may be contacted for additional background information
- You will receive a draft for review and approval
- You will be notified when the proclamation is ready for pick-up
- Proclamations must be picked up in person, in the Mayor's Office, Room 200 at City Hall, and will not be mailed.
- If proclamation is to be presented, the Mayor or representative will deliver at the event.
Office of the Mayor
City Hall, Room 200
St. Louis, Mo 63103
8 AM - 5 PM Monday through Friday