Vacation and Key Benefits for City Employees
The City of St. Louis offers a wide variety of benefits to its employees. Benefits are offered to eligible City employees on a voluntary basis and deductions are on a bi-weekly basis.
- Full-time employees are eligible.
- Coverage for spouse is offered with dependent documentation.
- Domestic partners are eligible for coverage with Affidavit of Domestic Partnership and dependent documentation.
- Dependent children coverage is offered up to age 26 with supporting documentation.
- Deductions for Medical and Dental benefits can be taken on either before or after tax basis.
- Changes in coverage can be made at open enrollment periods or due to a life-change qualifying event, such as marriage, birth of a child, etc..
- Open enrollment periods for Medical and Dental Insurance are held annually in the Spring prior to the beginning of the Plan year.
- Open enrollment period for Legal Insurance is held annually in the Spring prior to the beginning of the Plan year.
- Enrollment period for AFLAC, Washington National (formerly CONSECO), is open during the year.
- Enrollment for Basic and Optional Life Insurance; Accidental Death and Dismemberment; and Long Term Disability Buy Up Option, is open during the year.
- Basic Life Insurance and Base (Core) Long Term Disability are City-provided; with no premium responsibility for employees.
- Optional Life Insurance has a guaranteed issued coverage up to three (3) times the employees annual base salary, up to $250,000, with no questions asked.
For inquiries about employee benefits key provisions, employees may email CityEmployeeBenefits@stlouis-mo.gov.
- Two weeks after one year
- Three weeks after five years
- Four weeks after ten years
- Four and one-half weeks after fifteen years
- Five weeks after twenty years
Employees may make inquiries about vacation time directly to their Department Payroll Contact/Clerk/Specialist.