Merchants Laclede Building - City Landmark #95
The firm of Hatch and Miller designed the Merchants Laclede Building in 1889. The building is located at 408 Olive.
The building is of Greek Revival design, with beige granite on the first two floors and soft red sandstone and brick above. Its corner round tower with round glass is an important feature. Inside is white marble. The Newhard-Cook entrance to the building is Egyptian and is probably an addition.
The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Feedback is anonymous.