Prince Hall Grand Lodge #2 - City Landmark #121Constructed in 1886, the building located at 3615-3619 Dr. Martin Luther King Dr.
was purchased by the Negro Masonic Hall Association in 1909. The masons rented the first floor to a variety of African-American owned businesses and conducted meetings on the second and third stories. In 1942, the building underwent major alterations when the third story of the front facade of the building was rebuilt. The freemasons relocated to a new building in the Central West End by 1951, but the building on Dr. Martin Luther King Dr. continued to be used for meetings by some local masonic groups. The building was occupied until 1986. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993 and also became a City Landmark. The building was demolished in 1995 after a major fire.
Feedback is anonymous.