Statue of St. Louis- City Landmark #10
The statue titled "Apotheosis of St. Louis" was presented to the City of St. Louis by the Louisiana Purchase Exposition Company in 1906. Sculptor Charles H. Niehaus designed the 4,000 lbs. statue out of bronze. The statue is perched on a granite pedestal and stands over 40' feet tall, from the ground to the hilt of the outstretched sword. Its location in front of the St. Louis Art Museum is appropriate, as it overlooks the former scene of the 1904 World's Fair. The Statue of St. Louis became a City Landmark in 1971.
Feedback is anonymous.