New Age Federal Savings & Loan - City Landmark #127
Located at 1401 N. Kingshighway Blvd., the purpose-built bank building, designed by St. Louis architect, W. E. Duncan, was constructed in 1958.
Established in 1916, New Age Federal Savings & Loan remained the only black-owned financial institution in St. Louis into the 1960s. The bank boasted that it was "one of America's most beautiful financial buildings." The new bank building provided modern service through drive-up banking and several teller windows. New Age Federal Savings & Loan's all-black staff served customers in the new facility that was evidence of black business success.