Established on Sept. 14, 1857, the St. Louis Fire Department is the second oldest career Fire Department in the United States
Top Requested Pages
- Become a Firefighter
- Firehouse Locations
- Careers with Fire Department
- City of St. Louis Urges Residents to Utilize “Lock It For Love” Gun Lock Program at St. Louis Fire Engine Houses, Select Public Library Branches, Area SLMPD Stations
- City of St. Louis Urges Caution, Education, and Treatment Around Opioid Addiction and Overdoses
1421 N. Jefferson Ave
24 x 7
- Become a Firefighter Information on qualifications needed and how the process works to become a firefighter with the City of St. Louis.
- Fire Prevention Permits Information General information about applying for Permits from Bureau of Fire Prevention under the Fire Department.
- Report Fire Safety Issues Report inadequate fire suppression in a commercial building and request a fire safety presentation or smoke alarm installation.
- Report Hazardous Chemical Inventory Information on submitting the Missouri Tier Two form for hazardous chemicals and extremely hazardous substances to local organizations
Fire Department Bureaus
Bureau of Emergency Medical Services
Information about the City's ambulance service.
Bureau of Prevention
Information about the divisions within the Fire Department that work on fire prevention.
Fire Department Communications
Information regarding the bureau within the Fire Department that dispatches appropriate equipment to emergency calls.
Fire Department Support Services
Information regarding the bureau within the Fire Department that maintains the Fire Department rolling stock.
Fire Inspections Unit
General information about the the unit that performs fire inspections.
Pertinent information regarding the bureau within the Fire Department that investigates fires of suspicious origin.
Information about the Fire Suppression Bureau under the Fire Department.
|For a fire or medical emergency call||9-1-1|
|Residents seeking smoke alarms contact Fire Headquarters||314-533-3406|
|To request a Fire incident report contact Fire Headquarters||314-533-3406|
News and Announcements
St. Louis Fire Department Closes Facilities to the Public
Following guidelines issued by the CDC and the City's Department of Health
News/Announcement | Fire Department | 03/18/2020
Missouri Supreme Court Affirms City of St. Louis Firefighter Pension Reform
Today's affirmation finalizes all state court proceedings.
News/Announcement | Fire Department | 02/04/2015
National Burn Awareness Week 2014
Observed Feb. 2 through Feb. 8, 2014.
News/Announcement | Fire Department | 02/05/2014
Fire Department Menu
6 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!