Applying To: ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT-ST. LOUIS BOARD OF ALDERMEN
- Minimum: $55,000.00
- Maximum: $70,000.00
Depending on experience.
Nature of Work
Responsibilities include assisting the Clerk in the legislative processes of the Board of Aldermen's various
- Supervises a staff of 7 secretaries, 1 receptionist, and 1 Administrative Aide.
- Backup for Clerk and Assistant Clerk in their absence for their various duties.
- Operates microphone controller board during Board in Full Board meetings.
- Keeps track of engrossed copies of board bills for weekly Full Board meetings.
- Maintains daily uploading of all legislative Board Bill and Resolution tracking information on the Board of Aldermen website.
- Keeper and distributor of all office keys for staff and Aldermen.
- Keeps an inventory of all supplies and sees to the acquisition, maintenance, and distribution of all supplies for the office including all desk plates/door plates/Good Neighbor Guides, letterheads, furniture, office equipment, roll call sheets, photos, envelops, badges and other forms.
- Inventory of all furniture/printers/copy machines etc.
- Keeps track of all phones/telephone numbers for all Aldermen/women and staff.
- Keeps committee list of Alderpersons up to date on the Board of Aldermen website.
- Coordinates/sets up dates for Aldermen/staff photos (every two years).
- Prepares vouchers of various kinds.
- Keeps record of all accounts for the office (except payroll/health/insurance and travel accounts).
- Prepares PDF and uploads Agenda for weekly Full Board of Aldermen meetings to the BOA website.
- Created budget report information data sheet for accounts of the BOA (except payroll/health/insurance and travel. Prepares budget increase/decrease sheets.
- Prepares transfer of funds forms for money transfers from account to account.
- Assist with the hiring, and training of new staff.
- Interacts with Aldermen/women as needed and staff on a daily basis.
- Keeps data log of the history of all Aldermen past to present.
- Back up for Administrative Aide in his/her absence.
- Keeps FAMS (Fixed Assets Management System) information (count of all copy machines, printers, furniture, and their serial numbers and also getting rid of surplus equipment).
- Orders and distributes postage.
- Interfaces with various City Departments for the upkeep of the office and for needed repairs.
- Other duties necessary to carry out the duties of this position and as assigned by the Clerk.
Two years of experience in office administration and supervisory experience. Prior experience must demonstrate
excellent interpersonal skills and oral communication skills and knowledge of word processing software as Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, and Excel.
Some experience assisting the public in a Federal, State, or Local government setting.
Knowledge of the Board of Aldermen and City Departments and Agencies in order to answer questions and assist members of the public.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- 30 hours credit in business and/or accounting, meeting planning and arrangement, social science education, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- At least one year of recent experience in an office setting with heavy public contact.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skill.
- Government experience is a plus.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Basic computer software skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use personal computers.
- Accounting Skills.
- Office organizing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent deadlines.
- Knowledge of effective meeting arrangements and staging
- Knowledge and skills in recordkeeping, archiving, and data retrieval.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to interact with the public and diverse individuals.
- Knowledge of keeping inventories and inventory records.
Scoring Components and Their Weights
Last Date For Filing Application Is June 08, 2023
4 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!