Filing Requirements for Mayor
Qualifications, provisions and procedures for individuals filing to run for Mayor
Qualifications to file for Mayor
- Citizen of the United States for five years
- Resident of the City of St. Louis for five years
- Thirty years of age
- Assessed taxpayer of the City of St. Louis for two years
- Shall not have been convicted of malfeasance in office, bribery or other corrupt practice or crime
Provisions for Nomination
To file for Mayor, the candidate must submit
- a certificate of nomination
- a receipt from the Treasurer’s Office confirming payment of the required filing fee
- a statement of tax clearance from the Collector of Revenue’s Office confirming that the candidate is not delinquent in the payment of city taxes and water and refuse bills.
Feedback is anonymous.