About the Office of the Collector of Revenue
About the Office
The Collector of Revenue's Office for the City of St. Louis is a County office under State Statute. The responsibility of the Collector of Revenue is to collect real estate taxes, personal property taxes, earnings taxes, and water-refuse bills fairly and efficiently.
To serve taxpayers, our phones are answered directly by our experienced and knowledgeable staff. In addition, we have translators on staff for Spanish and Bosnian. Sign language interpreters are also available at City Hall.
One of the most common questions asked by citizens to the Collector of Revenue's office is: "Why do I make my check payable directly to Gregory F.X. Daly, Collector of Revenue?" The answer comes from the Uniform Commercial Code of the Missouri Revised Statutes. Section 400-003.110, Paragraph 2, Section 4, which states:
"If an instrument is payable to an office or to a person described as holding an office, the instrument is payable to the named person, the incumbent of the office, or a successor to the incumbent."
Our office collects funds in this manner to operate in full compliance with the Revised Statutes. This statute reduces the possiblity of fraud, and ensures that all the funds deemed payable to the Collector of Revenue of the City of St. Louis, are deposited by said entity.
Our Pledge to Taxpayers
The Collector of Revenue team is serious about respecting you and the tax dollars we collect for city services. We have established a taxpayer pledge so you know what to expect when you call or visit our office:
- As public servants and taxpayers ourselves, we are stewards of taxpayer dollars and we take seriously our responsibility to operate an office that is highly efficient and focused on top-quality customer service
- You are not an interruption of our work, you are the most important people in our office
- We will maintain the highest levels of integrity and professionalism at all times and in all of our actions
- You work hard for your money; so we are committed to managing your taxes carefully, efficiently and with the greatest respect
- Our employees will have the knowledge, experience and team spirit necessary to answer your questions and/or direct you to the proper solutions
- Under no circumstances will we tolerate discrimination by our employees or any entity that represents this office
- Your confidentiality will be passionately guarded and we will not disclose your private information to anyone, except as authorized by law
- You have the right to know why we are asking you for information and how it will be utilized within our office
- You are responsible for paying only the correct amount of tax or fees due under the law—no more, no less
The Collector of Revenue Office is a progressive environment, dedicated to providing exceptional customer service to the people of St. Louis. If you are interested in a career in public service, please send us your resume to the email address below.
Thanks for your interest in serving the people of the City of St. Louis.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Collector of Revenue is committed to a diverse workplace that is free from discrimination of any kind. We recruit, hire, train, promote and provide a safe and efficient work environment without regard to a person’s race, religion, gender, color, national origin, sexual preference, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected status and in accordance with State and Federal law. The Collector of Revenue is dedicated to making reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities.