An overview of our work in 2021
In 2021, St. Louis City employees worked hard to provide essential services to residents. While we continue to face unprecedented challenges, we did not let that stop us from working together to make St. Louis a better place for everyone. Check out a rundown of our work as #STLCounts highlights some of our most important constituent services provided in 2021.
Providing Essential City Services
From street repairs to trash collections, our 5,000 city employees work hard every day to provide essential services. In 2021, $10 million was invested city-wide on streets with plans to invest more in 2022.
- 152,000 tons of trash collected
- 82,000 constituent cases completed
- 78,269 vacant properties cut
- 2,606 trees trimmed
Improving Our Streets
- $10 Million invested city-wide on streets
- 280,000 square yards of street repaired
- 5,561 streetlights repaired/installed
- 4,666 potholes filled
- 314 speed humps installed
Creating Opportunities in Our City
Every resident deserves an opportunity to thrive. That’s why we are working to remove barriers so our residents can live full lives. Our work to resolve warrants and SLATE job fairs allow residents to get a fresh start to build a brighter future.
- 5,000 new building permits
- 3,155 warrants resolved
- 2,236 residents served by SLATE programs
Strengthening Our Neighborhoods
Strong neighborhoods are the backbone of our city. Supporting families with home repairs and Brightside cleanup projects keep our neighborhoods safe, beautiful, and clean.
- 2,500 properties treated for graffiti
- 300 clean-up projects completed
- 216 homes repaired
- 188 recreation center events held
- 148 new affordable housing units
Protecting Our Community from COVID-19
The Department of Health team is on the front lines every day to help protect our community from COVID-19. They serve as a hub of information for vaccine clinics and testing sites helping us stop the spread and keeping our loved ones safe.
Supporting Our Youth
Our city’s most precious assets are our children. We are committed to supporting our youth with year-round jobs, a college savings program, and access to fun programs and events that keep our kids entertained and safe.
- 18,751 students enrolled in College Kids
- 1,000 youth engaged in city youth programs and events
- 494 youth jobs
Work for the City
Becoming an employee of the City of St. Louis means becoming part of the team that is leading our region's resurgence.
As an employee of the City, you'll join a staff of hundreds of people who love St. Louis and are committed to serving the people with whom we share this great City. City employees are paid competitive salaries and receive substantial benefits, many of which are not matched by private sector jobs.