"The Meeting of the Waters" Fountain - City Landmark #15
The fountain is located in the 1800 block of Market in Aloe Plaza. Carl Milles was selected by Louis Aloe to design the monumental fountain. The fountain was completed in 1939. The lighting and landscaping was added in 1954. The fountain consists of fourteen bronze statues. Of an allegorical nature, the fountains figures celebrate the meeting of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers.
The fountain became a City Landmark in 1971.
Feedback is anonymous.