Mississippi Valley Trust Building - City Landmark #94
The Mississippi Valley Trust Building was built in 1896 by designed by the firm of Eames and Young in the Beaux Arts style. The building is located at 401 Pine St.
Mississippi Valley Trust Company financed transportation and communication networks in the St. Louis region, and was a supporter of the St. Louis World´s Fair. It later merged with Mercantile Bank and Trust. The building was vacant through most of the 1930s, and was at one time housed an aircraft company; it has lately been used as a restaurant, then a medical clinic and is now an office building in its latest incarnation.