St. John Nepomuk Church - City Landmark #35
The original church on this site was a small frame building constructed in 1854 by Czech immigrants. The current church, located at 1631 S. 11th Street, was finished in 1897, a year after the tornado that ravaged the Soulard neighborhood. The red brick Gothic style church was design by architect Adolph Druiding. The St. John Nepomuk parish was the first Bohemian church in the country.
St. John Nepomuk Church and its six ancillary buildings were designated a City Landmark in 1971 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.