St. Joseph Church and Parish House - City Landmark #56
St. Joseph's Church is located at 1220 North 11th. Over the years the church building has undergone great change. The church was built in 1844 in a neo-classical style, by architect George Purvis. In 1861 the church was reconfigured to face Biddle St, then in 1881 the current Baroque facade was added.
In 1954 the two towers were lowered to address structural issues.
St. Joseph's became a City Landmark in 1973.
Click on the window to choose another landmark