Towne (Rivoli) Theatre - City Landmark #100

Towne Theater 2The Towne Theatre was located at 210 North 6th.  It was constructed in 1896 as Caesar's Cafe.  The building was heavily altered in 1915 and 1922 to change the use from a cafe to a movie house.  Its trademark sgraffito panels were installed during the conversion. 

The Towne was demolished in 1983.

Detail of Rivoli Facade

   Click on the window to choose another landmark

Was this page helpful?      


Comments are helpful!
500 character limit

Feedback is anonymous.