The Citizens' Service Bureau (CSB) is the customer service department for the City of St. Louis. The CSB handles a range of complaints and service requests, and can direct you to the correct City services or programs.
When submitting a request for service, provide the following:
- The exact street address where the problem is occurring.
- The intersection of the problem (if it is a traffic problem).
- Provide an accurate description of what you have observed.
The more accurate the information provided to us, the more accurately we can report your concerns to the appropriate City departments to get an efficient response.
- Begin by going to the CSB Request a City Service page and selecting the appropriate service request.
- Complete the steps to submit your service request and receive a service request number.
- Go to Check Status of a Service Request to check on the status of your CSB request.
- Using Twitter: Tweet using the @stlcsb handle.
- By e-mail: send an e-mail to us at email@example.com
- Phone: Call 314-622-4800 Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
If you are unsure if your complaint falls under the jurisdiction of the City of St. Louis, please contact us for clarification or referral information.
There is no fee to file a report with the CSB.
What to Expect
After filing your request, the CSB will give you a service request number and advise which City department is going to respond to this request.
We will also provide a date by which we expect to have a response from that department.
Responses may indicate the completion of work or may indicate that an inspection has been completed and the responsible party (i.e. the property owner) has been issued a violation notice.
You may contact CSB after the target response date to find out the status of your request.
For information about how specific types of complaints are routed, please go to the City's List of Services page.
Learn what the status in a service request means.
Citizens' Service Bureau
1520 Market St. Room 4087
St. Louis, MO 63103
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (excluding City holidays)
30 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!