August 23, 2022 Special Election to fill 22nd Ward Vacancy
The St. Louis City Election Board will conduct the Special Election in Ward 22 on Tuesday, August 23, 2022, to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Alderman Jeffrey Boyd as a non-partisan election. That means that the two candidates who filed before the July 22 deadline, including the candidate certified by the Democratic Party City Central Committee to stand for election to fill the vacancy, will be listed on the ballot without a party designation.
The two non-partisan candidates whose names will appear on the August 23, 2022 Special Election ballot are Tonya Finley-McCaw and Norma J. Walker.
- 07/01/22: Candidate filing begins.
- 07/22/22: Candidate filing ends.
- 07/25/22: Application-based absentee voting (both by mail and in-person) begins.
- 07/27/22: Last day to register to vote in this election.
- 08/10/22: Last day to request an application-based absentee ballot by mail.
- 08/22/22: Last day to vote absentee in person (both types).
- 08/23/22: Election day. All mail-in ballots must be received by 7 PM. All in-person voters must be in line to vote by 7 PM.
List of Candidates
- Ward 22 Sample Ballot (pdf)
5 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!