Central West End Historic District
Central West End is primarily a residential area with an intermittent mixture of commercial, industrial and institutional uses. With the exception of large single family homes in private streets and along the main boulevards, the residential buildings are principally apartments and flats.
Fullerton's Westminster Place Addition, which was developed in the 4300 and 4400 blocks of that street in 1891, is especially rich in fine residential architecture. Most of these mansions were designed by such well-known St. Louis architects as NW. Albert Swasey, Barnett, Haynes and Barnett and Weber and Groves. These houses are some of the finest examples of architectural design at the turn of the century.