Central Public Library - City Landmark #19
Located at 1301 Olive Street, the Cass Gilbert designed Central Library began construction in 1907. Cass Gilbert won a national competition to get the commission. Built of Maine granite, the Italian Renaissance library was constructed at a cost of $1.5 million dollars. A third of that money was a gift from Andrew Carnegie.
Feedback is anonymous.