Help for Jobseekers
Develop your skills. Explore career opportunities.
SLATE Missouri Job Center is well-known for assisting unemployed St. Louisans to find jobs and provide a variety of educational, training, and support services to job seekers of all ages, abilities, and career paths. Our office in the heart of downtown St. Louis invite workers at every career level to earn educational credentials, learn new skills, join in workshops, prepare for interviews, and navigate employment systems at no cost to them. Whether looking to move up the ladder, or switch career tracks, SLATE has services for YOU!
- Job Placement Assistance – Our full-service Center is staffed with dedicated workforce professionals who specialize in direct job placements and career transition guidance. We also have resource rooms with computers, Internet, printers, phones and fax machines to easily connect with employers.
- Professional Workshops – We offer a variety of no-cost workshops covering topics such as résumé writing, interview tips, succeeding on hiring tests, online job search, personal career brand among others.
Training & Education
- Career Training and Financial Assistance – Do you already have skills and experience or looking to learn a new career? We offer financial assistance for training programs in high-demand high-growth occupations that can help cover the cost of your tuition, books, supplies and more.
- Recruitment Events – We invite numerous employers – both large and small - to come to our Center, we even conduct on-site hiring events in an effort to help employers save their time and energy when finding a quality workforce.
- Diverse Workforce:
- Services for Veterans – We honor our military veterans, and our highly-trained workforce staff can assist veterans and their spouses with customized employment assistance to transition out of the military and into the civilian marketplace.
- Services for Individuals with Disabilities – Get access to services and programs that impact your ability to gain, return to or retain employment and meet your career objectives.
SLATE Missouri Job Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. If you need this information interpreted to a language you understand or in a different format, please contact 314-589-8000. Callers who are deaf or hearing or speech-impaired may reach us at Missouri Relay Number 711.
>> Equal Opportunity & Accommodations
>> Notice of Federal Funding and Federal Disclaimer
>> Babel Notice