Permits and Inspections
Information regarding street permits and other street inspections.
Check Status of Street Permit Application
Use this page to check the status of your application. Once your status indicates "Approved, pending payment", please bring payment (check, cash or money order) to 1900 Hampton, 63139.
Request for Street Permit Customer Number
Frequent users of the Street Permit Application may request a customer number of their own to organize and expedite their requests.
Street Division Permits
- 50-50 Sidewalk Program How to enroll in the City's cost sharing sidewalk program
- Blocking Right of Way Permits Blocking Right of Way Permits are required for any activity that will block any portion of the public right of way (i.e.: street or sidewalk)
- Driveway Permits Constructing a new driveway or reconstructing an existing driveway
- Excavation Permits An excavation permit is required anytime a portion of the public right of way is removed.
- Overdimensional Transportation Permits Permit for oversized vehicles to travel on pre-declared route in the City of St. Louis
- Report Abandoned or Derelict Cars How to report improperly stored, abandoned or derelict cars.
- Residential Block Party Permits Permit is required for neighborhood weekend social gatherings, and must be submitted at least two weeks in advance.
- Sewer Lateral Repair Program Sewer Lateral Repair Program covers repairs to sewer line under the right of way
- Sidewalk Permit A sidewalk permit is required for constructing a new sidewalk or reconstructing an existing sidewalk.
- Apply For A Small Vehicle Sharing Permit Application process for companies to request a permit to operate bikes, scooters, and other small vehicles share programs in the City of St. Louis
- Request Bike Rack Purchase and Installation How to request the purchase and installation of a bike rack in front of your business.
- Apply for a Commercial Loading Zone Permit A Commercial Loading Zone Permit allows restaurants and businesses that offer curbside pick-up to convert metered parking spots into commercial loading zones for carryout patrons to pick-up orders.
- Food Truck Permits Information concerning Mobile Vendors (Food Trucks) in the City