Apply for a Drinking Fountain Combo
Apply for the single drinking fountain (combo) attached to a fire hydrant when your event requires water for guests throughout the event site where fire hydrants are located.
A drinking fountain provides drinking water for the public through one bubbler on top of fountain and one regular 1" hose bib hook-up under the fountain to fill buckets, wash hands, etc.
Drinking fountains may be reserved for short-term community functions (usually 1-2 days for school picnics, neighborhood festivals, etc). For larger functions, you may want to reserve the Water Wagon.
The drinking fountain is installed directly on the fire hydrant by the Water Division and is removed by the Water Division.
- Requests must be made a minimum of 7 business days in advance, in order to secure drinking fountain(s). Please plan accordingly.
- Download, print and fill out the Drinking Fountain (Combo) Application. You'll need to provide the following information on your application:
- How many drinking fountain(s) are you requesting?
- Date & time fountain(s) need to be installed (ex. Install by 8:00 a.m. 4/1/22).
- The Water Division does not install or remove drinking fountains on weekends or holidays. If a fountain is not needed until Saturday or Sunday, it will be installed the prior Friday. The permit holder will be responsible for the drinking fountain regardless of the length of time between installation and removal.
- Date & time fountain(s) need to be removed (ex. Remove by 5:00 p.m. 4/1/22).
- Location(s) of hydrant(s) needing fountain (ex. Northeast corner of Kingshighway & McRee).
- Reason for drinking fountain(s) (ex. ABC School Event, XYZ Neighborhood Festival, etc).
- Name, address, and phone number of person responsible for drinking fountain(s).
- Prepare a check to pay the fee, listed below.
Requests and deposits can be sent to:City of St. Louis Water Division
4600 McRee Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
Attention: Robert Jones Phone: 314-633-9029
Please make check payable to: City of St. Louis Water Division. No cash or credit cards accepted.
- $100.00 deposit per fountain in advance of installation.
- $28.00 to install each fountain.
- $28.00 to remove each fountain.
The remainder will be refunded assuming that no damage or theft has occurred to the fountain(s). When the drinking fountain is returned to our facility, a request is sent to the Finance Department to process the refund. It can take 4-6 weeks from the time the work order is closed out until the refund check is mailed.
What to Expect
The water division will contact you to confirm your request.
1640 S. Kingshighway
St. Louis, MO 63110
Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM