The Office of Violence Prevention, Behavioral Health, Human Services and other departments work regularly with the listed organizations and recommend using them to get the assistance you need.
- Emergency: 911
- Mental Health: 988 or 1-800-273-8255 (National Suicide Prevention lifeline)
- Domestic and Family Violence: 314-993-2777 (ALIVE 24/7 Crisis Hotline)
- Substance Use: Call or text 314-474-5707 Monday-Friday 9am-3pm (The T STL)
- Language Help: 314-645-7800 x 200 (Bilingual International Services)
- Immediate Shelter: Call 211 (United Way)
- Disability Help Listings of organizations that can help people with disabilities in the St. Louis area
- Domestic and Family Violence Help Listings of organizations that can help with leaving domestic or family violence situations, finding housing, childcare, counseling, legal support, and safety plans for City of St. Louis residents.
- Drop-In Centers Drop-in centers in the City of St. Louis that provide daytime walk-in services to people struggling with mental illness, addiction, housing and other issues.
- Employment Help The no-cost resources on this page can assist City of St. Louis residents with job skills and finding employment.
- Food Help Food banks and free meals in the St. Louis area.
- Help for Veterans Assistance for veterans in the St. Louis area who are struggling with housing, employment, finances, health and other issues.
- Help for Youth Listings of organizations that can help St. Louis City youth with housing, education, substance use, employment and other issues.
- Housing Help Resources for people in St. Louis who need assistance with temporary or transitional housing, or who need financial help with housing or utility bills.
- Incarceration and Re-Entry Help Resources to help those who are incarcerated or those who have recently been released from prison in the City of St. Louis, including bond assistance, housing, employment and medication help.
- Legal Help Resources for City of St. Louis residents in need of legal advice or low-cost representation.
- Mental Health Help If you are in the City of St. Louis and struggling with a mental health issue, these resources can help.
- Substance Use and Opioid Use Help If you or a loved one are struggling with substance use in the City of St. Louis, these resources can help.