New Resident Information
A list of tasks and resources for new City of St. Louis residents
Photo by City Staff
New City Residents
- Declare your personal property with the Assessor's Office: (314) 622-4171.
- Make sure that your employer is withholding the City Earnings Tax.
- Register your motor vehicles with the city and state.
- Learn about your new neighborhood, neighborhood contacts, and community organizations.
- Find the elementary, middle, and high schools assigned to your address.
- Register to vote.
- Look up your elections polling place.
- Look up your local and state representatives.
Car Registration, utilities, schools, occupancy, housing resources
Neighborhoods, marriage, birth, immigration, support
- Electric, Gas, Sewer, and Water Utilities
Water Department, links to utilities, assistance programs
- Telephone, Cable TV, and Internet Utilities
Communications division, providers, regulations
- Elections and Voting
Absentee ballot, voter registration, polling places directions, election results
Tax Related Topics
Personal Property Tax, Real Estate Tax, Earnings Tax
Feedback is anonymous.