Creating Events and Meetings
How to create City events and meetings for the online calendar
Contributors are able to add events and public meetings to the website's calendar. These events will show up in the sponsor organization's event folder, as well as the overall City calendar.
The City's event calendar can be seen here: http://stlouis-mo.gov/events/
Step 1: Go to the Add Event Page
- Locate the Employee Login link in the page footer, at the bottom of the Site Navigation section and click on the link to login
- After login, look for the Internal Applications link and click on the link.
- Click on Calendar, Events and Meetings Admin.
- Click on Add a New Event.
Step 2: Create the Event
Fill out the form on this page to create your event/meeting.
- Meeting Type: What kind of event/meeting is this?
You may be asked to fill out more aldermanic information if you select an aldermanic meeting type.
- Sponsor: Which department/organization is sponsoring?
- Audience: What group of people is this geared towards?
- Neighborhood: Which neighborhood might be interested?
- Ward: Which ward might be interested?
- Keyword: Which tag will correctly direct the event to show up in a filtered list on other pages.
Do not apply a keyword unless instructed or you have prior knowledge of which to use.
- Title: Your event title.
Do not use special characters or dashes (letters, spaces, and numbers only) in the title until we work out some bugs.
- Description: What is this meeting/event all about?
- Start Date: When does it start?
- End Date: When does it end?
- Start Time: What time does it start?
- End Time: What time does it end?
- Location: Where is it?
- Admission: Are you charging for admission, or is it free?
- Admission Description: More admission info (who pays what).
- Contact Name: Who should be contacted about this?
If they do not have a profile in the system, you can select other and type their name in.
- Phone Number: Contact phone number.
- Contact Email: What email address can people email about this?
- Contact: More contact information
- Related Links
- Website: If the meeting/event has a website, put the full URL to the website (including http://) here.
- Agenda: If the meeting/event has an agenda, select the drop-down selection method for agendas.
- Minutes: If the meeting/event has minutes, Select the drop-down selection method for minutes.
- Meeting Recording YouTube URL: If the meeting/event has minutes, Select the drop-down selection method for meeting recordings.
- Status: If active, it will show up on the site. If inactive, it will not.
- Associated CommonSpot Subsite: Which event folder should this event/meeting go in?
This is usually the one that belongs to the Sponsor you chose earlier.
- Recurrence: Select how often the event will occur or reoccur within ac time frame chosen by the start and end date.
To schedule a monthly, weekly, or multiple day meeting for the entire calendar year, select the first meeting date for the start date, and the last meeting day for the end date.
On save, it will automatically create events for the entire year.
Step 3: Submit Your Event
- Review the form to make sure the event/meeting information is correct.
- Once you are satisfied, click on the Add Event button.
- Your event will be added to the database, and a page for the event will go into the subsite you selected.