Event Filter Widget
How to use the event filter widget to show one or more organizations' events and/or meetings.
OverviewThe news filter widget allows you to display events from one or more organizations, limited to one or more event/meeting types.
Step 1: Add the Event Filter Widget
If this is your organization's event page, the widget should already be inserted.
- Go into Author or Edit mode.
- Find the container you would like to insert the widget in.
- Click on the "Click to insert new element" link.
- Click on the CIN category.
- Click on the "Event Filter Widget" element.
Step 2: Fill out the Element
- Click on the link saying "Click here to define the custom element data."
- All Organizations: Select this box if you want events from every organization to show up on your page.
- Choose Organizations: If you want only events from specific organizations to show, choose them from the taxonomy.
- Choose Meeting Types: Choose "All" if you would like every type of event/meeting to show up. Otherwise select one ore more from the list.
To select more than one, click on the first type, then click on the rest while pressing the "Ctrl" key.
- When you are satisfied with your choices, press the "Finish" button.
Optional: Apply a Render Handler
If you would like your events to show up a bit differently, there are a couple render handlers to choose from.
This render handler has a tab for Events and one for Public Meetings, and displays a link to the next four of each. It looks a lot like the one on the site's home page.
Some organizations, like boards, generally have the same meeting that recurs many times. In this case, it might make sense to only print out the meeting dates.