Large Button Element
How to insert and use the large button element.
Step 1: Find and Resize Your Image
- Find an image that will work well with whatever content you are linking to.
- The image height should be 60% of its width, so you may need to crop or resize it.
- The demensions of the image depends on the size of the container you are putting it in. The below assume that you are using the left navigation:
- With nav: ~325px
- Without nav: ~400px
- With nav: ~425px wide
- Without nav: ~575px wide
- With nav: ~575px wide
- Without nav: ~775px wide
- 100%: Don't use this element in 100% wide containers.
- Tutorial on resizing images.
Step 2: Insert the Large Button Element
- Log in to CommonSpot and go into Author or Edit mode.
- Choose the container you want to put this large button in.
- Click on "Click to insert new element"at the bottom of the container.
- Click on the CIN category.
- Click on the Button - Large element.
Step 3: Define the Large Button Element
- The Large Button element is now inside your container.
- Click Click here to define the Button - Large element at the bottom of your container.
- Text: This text will appear on top of your image.
- URL: The page you want to send people to.
- Background Image: This will be the button's background image.
Step 4: Publish Your Changes
At this point you have made two changes that need to be published; adding the large button element to the container, and defining the large button element. Both changes will need to be submitted before the public sees your button.