Online Calendar Overview
Different parts of the online calendar, and where your events will show up.
Internal and Community Events
Internal events/meetings are those entered by contributors employed by the City. They are not subject to a review process and are published to the calendar right away.
Community/public events are those submitted by the public, and must be approved by the Office of Special Events before they show up on the site.
Events and Public Meetings
The online calendar items on our site can be broken up into two broad categories: events and public meetings.
There are two event types:
- Community Events: Parades, fairs, etc
- Exhibitions: Used for long-running events, such as art exhibitions or special zoological visits, where participants may come at their leisure over an extended period of time.
There are several types of public meetings:
- Meeting: Used for meetings unless a more specific meeting type, such as an Aldermanic Meeting type, is provided.
- Aldermanic General Meeting: General aldermanic meetings.
- Aldermanic Committee Meeting: Scheduled aldermanic committee meetings.
- Aldermanic Special Committee Meeting: Special aldermanic committee meetings.
Where Events Appear
Events and meetings show up in several places on the site.
Our Site's Home Page
On the city homepage are two sections: Community Events & Public meetings. The soonest four upcoming items in each category will show up here.
Our Site's Event Calendar Page
All upcoming events and meetings can be found on the Event Calendar page: http://stlouis-mo.gov/events/.
You can also search events by going to the Search Events page in the Event Calendar section.
Your Organization's Homepage
Each organization on the site has its own events section on its homepage.
Depending on how you tag your events/meetings, they might show up in a number of places, including Neighborhood pages, Ward pages, and landing pages.